Thursday, October 11, 2012

Learn how to converse! {fan mail}

Here is an email a friend of mine sent me.

-----------------

So I asked a girl to Mormon prom. We went to dinner, then headed off to the dance. Neither of us were big for dancing. So, i tried starting up some conversations. she would NOT converse!! I got sick of doing all the work and only get the answers like "yup" or "oh yea" so I decided to do something else. I decided to do a front flip. Normally, on grass I could do one. But I had forgotten that I wasn't in a "normal" situation. I had dress pants, a tucked in shirt and tie, dress shoes, and I was on a dance floor. I went for the flip, and landed on my butt. I got back up while everyone was laughing, my date asked if I was okay. I said yes, but my dignity was severely injured. Not really, but I was embarrassed. So the rest of the night, she still wouldn't converse, and it was a sucky date overall.

Girls, if you don't want your date to make himself, and you look like a fool, TALK TO THEM!!! AND NOT SHORT ANSWERS, ELABORATE, TELL STORIES! It will make the date 10 times more fun, and less awkward. Especially if it's a first date! I met up for lunch on a blindish date (a girl  I used to know when I was little) recently, and she TALKED to me as a said above! We only were there for 30 minutes, but I had tons more fun than the dance date!


--------------------


Thanks so much for sharing!!! Great advice! To everyone else, send us your stories! This is a perfect example of what we want! :)

-Whit

No comments:

Post a Comment